submit to reddit

Friday 12 February 2016

Single and so NOT ready to mingle // Valentine's Day

"What are you doing for Valentine's Day?"

The dreaded question. They know you're single, they know fine well that you aren't going out on some fancy date. Why they ask is a total mystery to me.

What they're expecting is for you to say something along the lines of "hiding in my house in my PJ's watching Netflix alone with a take away"
HECK NO. Those days are saved for the first day of your period, illness and depression.

"Oh but you're single on Valentine's Day so aren't you depressed?"

"Ehm No."



Hi, I'm Kate. I'm single and I am totally 100% okay with that. I promise you. I'm not just saying it to try and convince myself. I really am. For so long I fell into the trap of feeling like I should be in a relationship. And you know what? It just meant I dated guys I wasn't even interested in. Pointless much?!
I don't like Valentine's Day. The aisles in supermarkets on the run up to February 14th just irritate me, I don't want to go to a posh restaurant, buy a cheesy card or go OTT with the PDA (overload of acronyms there or what?). So whether I'm in a relationship or not I don't do Valentine's Day.

This year it just so happens that the BAFTA's are on the 14th so B and I along with two of our safely in the friend zone male friends are going to chill out with a take away and watch it after our churches evening service (CRAZY LIVES WE LEAD I KNOW). We aren't doing this because it's Valentine's Day we're doing it because we're friends and we often hang out on a Sunday night.

So the point to this little ramble of mine is?

It's okay to be single and not feel bad about it on the 14th,
It's okay to be in a relationship and not want to 'do' Valentine's Day,
It's okay to be single and be a little depressed on the 14th,
And it's okay to be in a relationship and go completely overboard on Valentine's Day

Basically do what makes you happy on the 14th and every other day!

What are you doing this Monday the 15th? Special day right! Tweet us @SimplyKarah10

Happy February!
Kate // SK

No comments:

Post a Comment