submit to reddit

Friday 20 November 2015

PURPOSE

Purpose is JB's fourth (and best) studio album to date


"'cause if you like the way you look that much then, baby, you can go and love yourself"

HAVE YOU HEARD THE NEW BIEBER ALBUM??
IT'S SO FREAKIN' AMAZING!!

Caps lock was definitely needed to show how excited I am about this album.
In fact, I was counting down the days till it's release and let me tell you, I was NOT disappointed.

I had the "privilege" of listening to this album during a long car journey, 7 hours actually. Four of us crammed in a - what we call - ned mobile, tired, and maybe slightly delusional. To be honest, for the first two hours of this journey nobody was able to function. At our first service station we clambered out the car, grabbed some McDonalds breakfast and - now I say this truthfully - spoke about how excited we were on the release of Justin's album.
We literally huddled around my iPod, trying to grab as much wifi as McDonalds would give, and downloaded the new album from Spotify. I won't lie, it felt like it was taking FOREVER! But, finally, we had it and made the mad dash back to the car.

I'm always really skeptical about album releases. Are the other songs going to be as good as the singles released? Actually that's really my only concern. Is the music going to sound good.
Justin did not let us down. This is probably one of the best albums of the year.

I'm not going to review every single song. No, that would result in an extremely long post.
I'll tell you my favourites and my overall feel for the album.

Apart from the four songs pre-released  (Where Are Ü Now; What Do You Mean; Sorry; I'll Show You) these are my top 5 favourites of the absolute brand new tunes.

1. Mark My Words - this has some sort of, how do I say this, "sexy groove" to it. Yeah, I can't believe I just said that either. Probably the song with the least amount of words to it, it's still one that has simple, yet powerful lyrics. And also one that you'll just fall in love with.

2. Love Yourself - where do I even begin!? These were the lyrics quoted at the beginning of this post. This is a song that throws some serious shade. To the person who has caused you heartbreak and then doesn't leave you alone. And then after all that shade there comes the line "You can go and love yourself". It just makes you want to flip that person off and change the word love to, well you know. Plus, it's co-written by Ed Sheeran who also plays and sings on it - Sheeran and Bieber in one song, perfection.

3. Children - if you listen to the lyrics of this one they really make you think. It kind of talks about if we, the generation, can make a difference. Or if we would take that step and make a change in the world. It starts of all mysterious, slow, and simple. Then it hits you, a drop. Almost as good as the drop from "Where Are Ü Now". And you have this beat that you can just fist pump to.

4. Purpose - now, I understand why the album is called Purpose. This song is powerful. It's about giving your all, and placing it in the hands of God. Giving your heart to God. That God has given you a purpose, a gift. And that when all feels lost, you can turn to him and he'll be there no matter what. And maybe that's why I love it so much.

5. No Sense - really, I love this one because it has a good beat and good tune. It's also quite fun to sing along to. "It don't make no sense less I'm doing it wityou" and then your dance moves kick in. Nothing else to it really.

Overall, this album is a mix of R&B, dance-pop and EDM. It has something for everyone. Good beats/drops, powerful lyrics and amazing collaborations.
Well done Mr JB. You've really outdone yourself.

Are you loving JB's new album as much as us?
What's your favourite song off the album?
Twitter: simplykarah10

SKx


No comments:

Post a Comment