submit to reddit

Thursday 15 December 2016

Christmas Holidays TBR

Sorry to bang on about it again but we've moved house.
With this house move comes something truly wonderful for any book lover. Bookshelves. I now have a dedicated space with multiple matching bookshelves where all my books can happily live without being in piles in front of other piles. The next day off I will definitely be spending time organising them into an order that makes sense for me.

With all my books now out of boxes and in view I figured it was about time I got back into reading regularly.

With that in mind I have made myself my first ever TBR (to be read) list for over the festive season when I may actually have time to read.

There are 4 books on my TBR and fingers crossed I'll get through them all.

Let It Snow - John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle
I've had this book for a couple of years now and every year around this time I remind myself that I haven't read it yet and that I really should. Hopefully this year is finally going to be when I get round to it.
I know nothing of the plots of any of the three stories which is how I prefer it!

 The Christmas Mystery - Jostein Gaarder
This is a book I read at this time of year every year. It's about a little boy called Joachim who reads a secret story every day in his advent calendar telling the story of a little girl called Elisabet who was travelling across Europe and back in time to Bethlehem and birth of Jesus. Sounds complicated but it's a beautiful story that flows naturally.

The Outrun - Amy Liptrot
I read the first few pages of this book while very very tired a few days ago an remember precisely nothing. I think it deserves another go. I've heard nothing but good things about this book so I'm looking forward to diving in.

A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens
I was watching A Muppet Christmas Carol yesterday when it occurred to me that I actually haven't read the original book. Shocking. In fact I haven't read any Dickens. This is something I think needs to be remedied. I obviously know the basic plot of this story from the Muppets film. The story follows Scrooge, a mean spirited man who is visited by the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future and his life is changed forever.

So there we have it, my Christmas TBR.
I'm going to go and read now, clearly I have a lot of books to be getting on with!

I love reading Christmas books so if you have any recommendations please tweet me @SimplyKarah10

Kate // SK

No comments:

Post a Comment