submit to reddit

Thursday 16 February 2017

The Kitchen Cabinet // PODCAST

2 and a half weeks ago I was lucky enough to be able to go to the recording of "The Kitchen Cabinet" podcast by BBC Radio 4.
I went with my dad and neither of us had a clue what it was going to be like.
The Kitchen Cabinet is one of the few BBC podcasts which moves around, this means that instead of always being in London or Manchester this one came to Stirling which is a very handy 20 minutes away from me.

This is the one and only photo I took at the podcast, we were asked to turn our phones off during the recording to prevent feedback with the mics and I forgot to take more photos at the end. But really a podcast is all about the audio rather than the visual so I don't think it's a massive loss.

The recording lasted about an hour and around 30 minutes of that will be used in the final broadcast.
If you're interested in listening to the broadcast it went live on the 11th and you can listen to it and other episodes here.

The whole event was so relaxed and the hosts were all more than happy to talk to the audience afterwards. There was no celebrity/fan culture it was just people who liked to talk about food. I'm not even a big foodie but I found everything interesting. I learnt what a cardoon was, how best to smoke a salmon and the reasons why there is an old property nearby with a giant stone pineapple on it (seriously not joking look here).

I cannot recommend going to a podcast recording enough. It was so much fun. The panel and host (Jay Rayner) were so good at engaging the audience and the whole hour had me completely hooked.

Kate // SK

No comments:

Post a Comment